Whooknoo’s Guide to Battling Bad Breath
Is there anything worse then engaging in a face to face conversation with someone only to be assaulted with their musty mouth odor? Don’t let yourself become one of those people! The only thing worse than breathing bad breath into someone’s nostrils is finding out that your friends or co-workers all know you have bad breath while you remain oblivious (IE – “that Cody guy sure is smart and funny, but his breath STANKS!). The secret to avoiding bad breath is – say it with me folks – prevention. Here are 5 easy ways you can help your mouth wage war on stinky breath.
- Drink plenty of water! Bad breath is caused by certain types of bacteria that live inside your mouth. By drinking water, you can help cut down on the bacteria population.
- If you have the sneaking suspicion your breath might be particularly bad on a certain day, try chewing sugar free gum. The chewing will heighten the amounts of saliva in your mouth and help cut down on stinky odors.
- Regularly schedule yourself dentist appointments to make sure your mouth is in healthy shape. Any sort of gum disease or tooth problem can really stinkify your breath.
- Try to always eat plenty of fresh and crisp fruits and veggies. These types of food will help remove food particles that might be caught between your teeth (not the mention they are good for you)!
- If you’re a big time coffee fiend, try drinking tea instead. Coffee coats your tongue with a thin film that prevents proper saliva flow.