5 Tips to Keep Kids Safe in Cars
If you have little children in your family, you (hopefully) already know that special care must be given to them when they ride in an automobile. Never the less, it’s always a good idea to brush up on your child related safety tips! Here are some tips that will help keep your child safe and help keep your mind at ease.
- Always make sure you properly secure babies in a rear-facing child safety seat. An infant should always use a rear facing seat until they are at least 1 year old and weigh at least twenty pounds. No exceptions to this ultimate safety rule!
- Until your child is about 4 foot 9 they should always be in some sort of a toddler safety-seat in the back seat of your vehicle. Once your child reaches the proper weight and age, they are ready and able to safely and effectively use seat belts.
- Be wary of your children being injured by power windows. Every year there are way too many children that are accidentally injured by windows closing on their fingers, wrists, arms, or even necks.
- Never ever leave children locked alone in a car on a steamy hot day. Even if you’re only going to be gone for a very short amount of time, children could easily have problems with heat related health issues.
- When you’re driving with children, don’t ever let them become a dangerous distraction for you. Make sure your kids stay calm and seated to ensure your ability to always pay full attention to driving.