5 Tips for Brain Health
Lots of people don’t think about it, but certain care and attention needs to be paid to perhaps the most important part of your body: your brain! Â Even though you can’t touch it or see it, there are certain things you can do every day to help ensure your brain stays healthy. Â Brain health becomes more and more important the older and older you get. Â To help slow down theÂ inevitable cognitive decline that comes with old age, follow these tips to help keep your brain in shape.
- Eat brain healthy foods – One of the best things for your brain are substances known as omega 3 fatty acids. Â Certain types of seafood (IE – salmon) are absolutely loaded with omega 3 fatty acids. Â Additionally, try to consume foods that have high levles of antioxidants (IE – certain fruits and vegetables).
- Keep your brain active – No matter what stage of life you are in, it is absolutely essential that you keep your brain active on a regular basis. Â You don’t have to do algebra or anything crazy like that – try reading a book, doing a crossword puzzle, or writing a letter to a friend. Â All of these activities will help keep your brain in shape!
- Exercise regularly – Is there any part of your body that doesn’t benefit from regular exercise? Â Exercising helps to foster healthy circulation, which in turn helps to keep your brain healthy.
- Have a social life – Don’t ever let yourself become the type of person that stays home by yourself every single night! Â Find friends and plan regular outings and activities. Â Staying social will help stimulate parts of your brain that may otherwise go unused.
- Ditch the bad habits – Excessive drinking or cigarette smoking can have serious negative side effects for the healthy life of your brain.