5 Reasons Why Birds Make Great Pets
So you’ve moved into a new residence that doesn’t allow you to have cats or dogs – if you are an animal lover, you might be really bummed about this. Â Luckily, many properties that don’t allow large pets will allow you to have smaller caged animals. Â Thus, a bird might be the perfect pet for a person in your situation. Â If you’ve never lived with a bird before, your in luck – birds make absolutely fantastic animal companions. Â Here are great reasons to make your next pet a feathered one.
- Birds are smart – The old habit of calling a foolish individual a “bird brain” should actually be considered a compliment! Â Unlike dogs and cats, birds have the ability to learn to mimic human voices. Â This means that many types of birds can learn to sing, whistle, and talk. Â Your friends will undoubtedly be impressed when your pet bird whistles them a commercial jingle.
- Birds are easy to care for – Birds are clean animals that don’t require too much upkeep or maintenance. Â As long as you clean your pet’s cage once a week they should be A-OK. Â With a bird you’ll never have to worry about changing litter or taking them for daily walks.
- Birds are inexpensive to feed – Compared to giant bags of dog and cat food, bird seed is very inexpensive.
- Birds have a long lifespan – If you’re the type of person that desires a pet that will lived multiple decades you are in luck. Â Some species of birds (like macaws) can live as long as a human can! Â When you decide to get a pet bird you are getting a pet that could potentially be with you the rest of your life.
- Birds are social creatures – In their natural state, birds are flock animals. Â This means that they crave interaction with other living beings. Â Thus, your bird will love hanging out and playing with you on a daily basis.